Bristol Ambulance EMS is trusted, reliable and expert in providing a patient-centred independent ambulance services for the NHS and Private Health Care providers as well as well as private, individual patient transport. With a turnover rising year on year and currently around £14mil, we have a fleet of over 100 vehicles and employ circa 500 staff.
Due to continued growth and expansion we are looking for an Accounts Administrator to manage our company’s accounts payable and receivable. (supported by two part-time staff)
Accounts Administrator responsibilities include reviewing and reconciling accounts, processing payments to external partners and creating and maintaining updated records of invoices and receipts. To be successful in this role, you should have a Finance or Accounting background, be familiar with bookkeeping and Sage 50 accounting software.
Ultimately, you will ensure we process all financial transactions accurately and on time.
· Manage obligations to suppliers, customers and third-party vendors
· Process bank deposits
· Reconcile financial statements
· Prepare, send and store invoices
· Contact clients and send reminders to ensure timely payments
· Work closely with our senior management team and external Accountants
· Identify and address discrepancies
· Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable
· Update internal accounting databases (using Sage Line 50 software) and spreadsheets
· Proven work experience as an Accounts Administrator or similar role
· Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection regulations
· Hands-on experience with Sage Line 50 accounting software
· Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets)
· Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
· Good organisational and time-management abilities
· Hardworking, show initiative and be self-motivated
· Able to work under pressure at times to meet deadlines
· Qualifications in Finance, Accounting, Bookkeeping or relevant field an advantage.
· Experience of Payroll (Sage 50 Payroll) an advantage to support our Payroll Administrator
A salary of circa £ 25,000, (depending on experience) for a 40-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours.
Application deadline: 21/06/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,500.00-£25,000.00 per year